Matt's Life Rollercoaster

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Some of my last few weeks! Easter and some of Break!

I reread Tiff's blog yesterday. It was quite funny. Tiff's blog is at trudiak.blospot.com . I wrote something like "Does the ocean make you type bad" and I told her about how the weather sucked. I didn't realize but that was when I had pneumonia. It also said that I missed Calaway Media Night because of it. And some really disapointing news. Victoria can't do The RACE. :-( X 100. We really wanted to do it. She has some sort of dance thing though that she has to go to. I might ask Tiff because she isn't too old for it. I really wanted to spend some time with Victoria because I don't do much with her. I'm so sad because of this. We had been waiting since last summer to try it because I wasn't old enough. Actually I don't think either of us were. Oh well, Sorry Victoria... maybe another year? We still have a few years left where we can be eligible! Until we are 24. Well, the 2nd round of C1 Idol was last night. I had to use it as a practice for the Talent Show. I sang "Someone's Watching Over Me". I loved our new blue and red lights downstairs. I had to do to a sound thing for Jonathan in the woodshop and Cassandra was there. So, I was in the middle of singing my song and Kim holds up this sign that says "Matt for Canadian Idol" and I start laughing. Cassandra then waits for me to finish my levels and then says "sing Since U Been Gone". I thought she was going to do it with me but sure enough she didn't. Anyway after totally killing the high note, I also have to sing Avril's "He Wasn't". I still had some time to kill to get to the office, so I hang around. Well, Cassandra gets this really good idea. She says "I'm going to make a sign for you for tomorrow". So we go to the Art Room and she gets a piece of poster paper and some markers. She goes back to Wood and starts it while I go to the office. She comes in with Katie midway through and goes "Look". So I look up and it says in colourful letters "Matt for Canadian Idol". I start laughing and go "Awesome". Then she added some music notes to it. Today was the big day. I was so nervous. Candyce and Nicole came. So did Duncan. Anyway the Talent Show is odder and odder every year. We had Room 3 doing Kid Idol. ^_^. Billy, Lyndon and another kid from Room 7 did the usual rock band thing. Other things included a performance of "He Wasn't". (Oh so that's where that came from). Also Darryl read from Lemony Snicket. To be frank, I don't ever want that to happen again. I almost fell asleep. Brian.C did that thing where he jumps and lands on his toes. LOL. A lot of things. Anyway, after Billy/Lyndon I hear Keegan from Room 3 (our MC) go "And now, Matthew from Room 6 will sing a song by Hilary Duff". He pauses for a second and then goes "Wahh?". I laughed. Poor Keegan. I stepped on stage and almost right away I hear either Alicia or Cassandra go "VOTE MATT FOR CANADIAN IDOL". I couldn't see them but it was still funny. They apperantly starting swaying their arms. Then during the second chorus they ran up to the stage and ran across below me. ^_^. I was about to just lose it. Everybody started cheering. To sum it up, I got the biggest applause! I was so happy! :-). My fan club was like "WOOO!"
. Chantal learned how to play lacrosse from none other then the... Calgary Roughnecks! I told her to say hi to Mary-Anne's boyfriend. Sorry if you don't know who it is... I can't tell you. (It's a secret I promised to take to the grave :-P). Actually, I found out from Chantal that somehow the Roughnecks forgot. Also most of the players had already left for Arizona so they will have to come after Spring Break. The PSP came out today. Yay! Oh, I checked out the Idol vids. I'm not too sure about Constintine. :-(.

Easter weekend...
I went home early Friday. I didn't do too much actually. I rented Katamari Damacy which is the funniest thing ever. You start as this little ball and then you roll over things and you become bigger and then you can roll over bigger things like people, animals and cars. The things all stick to your ball and then if you complete the level by getting to a certain height within a amount of time it gets created into a star. It is just so wacky it's fun. I had a good Easter, I got lots of chocolate and I got the Airport Terminal Pack DVD. I watched Airport 79: The Concorde. It was okay. We then went over to Nana's house. I showed Victoria my sign and she laughed. We then had to go find our Easter eggs. I was blue and it was hard because Uncle, Dad, and Dido were the ones hiding them. They buried some in snow. There was one on top of the Eagle's nest and another stuck on a tree branch. Afterwards, we went inside and I finished watching Airport 79. Victoria watched some of it with me. We were like "What if they land it, but they all die of frostbite" and stuff. We then opened presents. I got more money for Edmonton. (I think I'm there). Then Victoria, Uncle and Dido played poker. I ended up being the dealer. I was bad at it. I was the dealer from Russell Peter's comedy special ( (click) Belay). Dido lost. Then Victoria. When then had dinner which was really good. We also had dessert which was ice cream and cake (from wherelse, Glenmorgan Bakery). Then the poker fiends struck again and Auntie, Dad, Uncle, Dido and Victoria played. The game lasted forever. I had to wait a really long time because we were going to play Cranium after the poker game was finished. So then after Dad won, cousins left. Mom, Nana, Dido, Chantal and me all played Cranium. Chantal was on fire. The guys team was winning for a while and then Chantal had some good rolls and beat us! We went home after and then I just watched some TV until I fell asleep. Then on Monday we went to Chinook Centre because Chantal had enough money for the Mulan costume she wanted for her Build-A-Bear. We got to the store and they didn't have any! I felt so bad for Chantal. She saved and saved and then there was no Mulan costume. :-(. She got her name on a list though but it looks doubtful :-(. Then we headed over to Zellers for a quick sec. Chantal really wanted to buy some Stuff by Duff PJ's in order to get this gift bag. (LOL). Then we left Zellers. We started making our way to Paramount Chinook to play some DDR. We saw the Access Speaker's Corner across from Old Navy. I walked up to it with Chantal. We were both wearing our concert shirts when the question "What do you think of the state of music? Why?". I was like "I don't know if I'm the right person to ask, I'm 15 and am wearing a shirt with Hilary Duff on it". Chantal was like "Hilary rocks". I said something about not liking some rap music cause it glorifies violence. Next question is "What's your beef". Chantal pops up with "I don't like Lindsay Lohan because she hates Hilary Duff". I said something about people who think they are higher than me but they aren't. Then it all of a sudden comes up with "What was the worst experience of your childhood". Chantal yells "I still am a child" and I say "I dunno, I'm a teenager. I guess getting these (point to glasses) was bad". Then the last thing pops up, and it's the one I prayed wouldn't come up. "Show us your best dance moves". I laughed for about 15 seconds before pushing the button. I did some wacky thing I learned off of Shark Tale. Then I tried to do some Ukrainian dance but I was too close to the camera. So after that fun, we went to play DDR! Yay! The first ever DDR round for the newly formed Team Hilary/Haylie. (We still have a few other names for it, like Team Duff or Team Hilary Duff). The DDREXTREME machine at Chinook is set to Joint Premium which they think makes up for the cruddy quality of the machines pad. It really, really doesn't! The machine still freezes and the 1P left arrow sticks. But thanks anyway Chinook. Anyway we got lots of tokens and we were there for almost 2 hrs. Chantal and me rocked the Paramount! This girl came up with these 2 guys about my age, and she does Versus. The guys are horrible and the first two times she gets me to go up and I of course kick butt. Then for the third song, she asks Chantal to replace the guys and she totally wastes her! ^_^. Go Chantal! Then there were some other group. Anyway near the end it got massively packed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home